We are a customer oriented company that provides unparalleled customer service.
As a result of the value we place on our customers, we have become a leading provider of environmental needs including compliance, remediation, industrial cleaning and emergency response services.
If you are looking for a career and want to be a part of a growing business, with a wide variety of trucks and equipment, come to Environmental Works, where every day is something new. Here you will feel right at home with our friendly team environment.
Environmental Technician-Equipment Operator
If you are excited about a new career opportunity, check us out. We offer a highly competitive wage, generous vacation and a bonus program. We are looking for a highly skilled Environmental Technician/Equipment Operator. At times, other duties will include handling waste for remediation, sampling, packaging and labeling various wastes that may contain petroleum, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds (VOC), semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOC), paint solvents, wastewater sludge. Also some industrial maintenance.
- Perform general labor tasks including, but not limited to: manual digging, mowing, planting, installing sod, site preparation, and site clean-up.
- Safely perform manual labor. Safely work in various locations throughout the United States.
- Operate a motor vehicle. Prefer CDL A.
- Operate hand tools, light machinery, and sharp tools.
- Travel up to 50% via driving a company vehicle.
- Responsible for responding to emergency response locations with limited notice.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established OSHA requirements.
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions–such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures–for long periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of HAZWOPER and OSHA regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to regularly lift and carry 50 pounds. Sitting 10%, standing/walking 90%.
Requirements Environmental Technician – Equipment Operator
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required. 3 years of general labor or construction experience is preferred. HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred. Required to possess a valid driver license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Must be literate with the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and posted schedules. Knowledge of the care, proper use, and ability to perform light maintenance on the tools, motor vehicles, and equipment provided.
Must not be afraid of heights and confined spaces.
Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must submit to and pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screening.
Must be extremely reliable.
Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts. Must comply with EWI’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business
Job Type: Full-time
Stormwater Compliance Technician
Environmental Works, Inc. is looking for self-motivated individuals with an interest to learn a diversity of tasks, improve current skills and desire to work hard and move quickly into a leadership role of a growing company.
The Stormwater Crew Leader and Laborer will work as a team member at stormwater maintenance project locations throughout Kansas and Nebraska. Frequent weekly travel and overnight stays are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess a clear understanding of stormwater infrastructure and function;
- Identify common landscape and wetland plant species;
- Complete quality work in an efficient and cost effective manner;
- Maintain safety standards and requirements at all times;
- Clearly identify and describe onsite conditions;
- Identify issues associated with erosion, mechanical malfunctions, and structural failures;
- Complete all appropriate paperwork including services receipts;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions – heat, cold, dry or wet environment
- Perform general lawn maintenance on 100-130 commercial properties;
- Ability to train/operate commercial lawn and landscape equipment including but not limited to: zero turn mowers, trimmers, blowers, sprayers
- Perform general labor tasks including but not limited to manual digging, site clean-up, operation of hand tools, light machinery and sharp tools
- Additional duties, tasks, and jobs as assigned by industrial maintenance department of company;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, driving record check and physical exam are required;
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, nights, and holidays as required;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Attention to detail and exhibit initiative to maintain a field team;
- Ability to adhere to set protocols an practices as defined;
- Ability to travel overnight for multiple nights a week;
DESIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Fish and wildlife biology undergrad courses
- Stormwater pollution prevention planning experience
- Commercial lawn and landscaping experience
- Heavy equipment operation
- Construction management
- Industrial Cleaning