Vice President of Operations
Mr. Rode has over 16 years of experience in the environmental services industry. Mr. Rode’s primary responsibilities include management of the field services team as well as subcontractors and the coordination of field services with client needs. Mr. Rode has experience with the implementation, coordination, and completion of numerous environmental, construction, and remediation projects. In addition, Mr. Rode is responsible for emergency response management, coordination, and cleanup and regularly interacts with clients and local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
KEY PROJECT SUMMARY:
Responsible for crew management and safety at a wide variety of jobs including emergency response, tanker truck spills, underground storage tank removals, tank demolition, confined space entry, site remediation and restoration, hazardous waste consolidation and management, and heavy equipment operation.
Project Manager for an Emergency Response Contract which covered the entire State of Kansas. This contract required that Mr. Rode be on call 24/7/365.
Managed a variety of projects EWI personnel performed in response to the destructive tornado that struck the City of Joplin, Missouri in May 2011. Work included waste management and removal, demolition, compliance, asbestos inspections/air monitoring, and coordination with various regulatory agencies and clients including National Disaster Response Firms. Each of these projects required fast, well-planned implementation, detailed record-keeping, and the majority of this work involved 12/hour, 7 day/week shifts to meet client timeframes. In addition, all necessary safety precautions were implemented.
Safety Manager Lead, Decon Site Manager and Deputy Leader for BP Gulf Coast Oil Response, responsible for safety execution, planning, documentation, observation and safety observer management, creation of protocols and documentation systems. Mr. Rode was also responsible for oversight of decontamination activities for redelivery of contracted vessels and development and execution of skimming operations.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Certification
- OSHA 8-hr Annual Refresher
- OSHA 8-hr Supervisor Training
- Tank Car Specialist Certification – TTCI
- Awareness, Operations, and Technician Level Certification
- OSHA Confined Space Training – Supervisor, Attendant, Entrant
- Incident Command System ICS-100
- American Heart Association First Aid/CPR AED Training
FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Tank Excavation, Removal, and Project Management
- Health and Safety
- Field Services Management
- Site Investigation
- Emergency Response Management
- Site Restoration
- Environmental Remediation and Construction
- Waste Management
- QA/QC Oversight and Planning
- Regulatory Agency Negotiation