Ms. Rode has more than 17 years of professional consulting experience. Her responsibilities include staff management, conducting environmental compliance audits, waste management, permitting and compliance per the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act, underground storage tank compliance, and administration of environmental compliance databases and management systems. Ms. Rode regularly acts as the liaison between her clients and local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
KEY PROJECT SUMMARY:
Develops, implements and manages environmental management systems for clients subject to RCRA, Oil Pollution Act, CWA, CAA, and Community-Right-to-Know. Ms. Rode assists clients in organizing their environmental information and tracking their compliance deadlines. Ms. Rode also provides agency negotiation support and often acts as the primary liaison between clients and regulatory agencies.
Acts as the primary investigator for environmental compliance audits and ASTM Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments conducted at commercial and industrial properties. Her responsibilities have included conducting the site assessments, generating reports, and making recommendations and conclusions regarding these properties. These projects are typically completed under an accelerated schedule; as such, Ms. Rode is responsible for coordinating and interpreting large volumes of data within a short period of time. Ms. Rode has designed report formats which were tailored to meet the client’s specific needs, which in turn serves to streamline the site auditing process.
Assists several clients with their NPDES storm water, land disturbance, waste water and CAA permit applications and compliance. Ms. Rode has prepared Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and assists clients with implementation and compliance with their permits and plans.
Provides guidance and assistance for several clients regarding Community-Right-to-Know (SARA Title III) reporting. The successful completion of these projects require Ms. Rode be well versed in the SARA Title III regulations, and involve the organization of Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and other pertinent information, inventory of chemicals and the quantities used, and completion of reports as required by the regulatory agencies.
Assists several companies with numerous underground storage tanks (USTs) gain compliance with UST regulations including assistance with upgrading their systems, gaining insurance coverage and proper registration for their USTs.
- MBA, Missouri University of Science & Technology – 2014
- Graduate Certificate, Management for Sustainable Business, Missouri University of Science & Technology – 2012
- B.S., Environmental Chemistry, Digital Cartography and Remote Sensing Minor, Missouri State University – 1997, Cum Laude
- Registered Environmental Manager, National Registry of Environmental Professionals – 2006
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Certification; 8-hr Refresher
FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Environmental Compliance Database Administration
- Environmental Due Diligence Audits
- ASTM Environmental Site Assessments
- Clean Air Act Permitting and
- NPDES Storm Water Permitting and Compliance
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Pollution Control and Countermeasure Plans
- Community Right-to-Know Compliance
- Tank System Compliance
- Regulatory Agency Negotiation
- Waste Management
- Hazardous Materials Plan Development
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control