There are countless situations in which you may need an environmental consultant. For example, you could be purchasing a piece of land for commercial development, which could require a site assessment. Similarly, you could be at the core of an exciting infrastructure project, which may require field surveys to move forward. Both of these scenarios require environmental consultation – but what is an environmental consultant, and how can they serve your business?
What Is an Environmental Consultant?
The Role of an Environmental Consultant
First, what exactly do environmental consultants do? These experts serve both private and public sector clients, helping to address environmental issues like the ones listed below. Consultants assess a wide variety of environmental issues including waste management, water and air pollution, soil contamination, and more. Not only do environmental consultants have extensive field knowledge, but they also stay up to date on local, regional, and national government regulations to ensure ongoing compliance.
What Issues Do Environmental Consultants Address?
Environmental consultants work on a wide variety of issues:
- Land, water, and air contamination
- Waste management
- General environmental impact assessments
- Compliance-related environmental audits
- Environmental legislation issues
- Regulator and inspector communication
Environmental Consulting and Management
In many situations, comprehensive environmental consulting goes far beyond a one-time visit. In these circumstances, ongoing environmental management is crucial to a business’s success. Environmental management can help a business stay abreast of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, such as yearly emissions reporting, Clean Water Act requirements, or real estate environmental risks for expanding properties. Depending on a business’s unique needs, outsourced management services can be essential to help avoid government fines, keep employees and visitors safe, and serve ongoing environmental needs.
Our Environmental Consulting Services
Since 1992, some of the country’s largest companies have called on EWI for expert environmental consulting services. From geologists, engineers, and chemists to biologists and regulatory experts, EWI’s in-house team provides the kind of comprehensive support businesses need to grow. EWI’s team also includes industrial technicians, heavy equipment operators, drillers, spill responders, and other field services experts – all under one roof. We offer the following environmental consulting services:
- Regulatory Compliance: Regulatory compliance isn’t the most exciting subject in the boardroom; however, failure to comply can result in large fines, lost productivity, and, in some cases, total business closure. EWI’s proactive approach ensures ongoing compliance, especially with the help of our groundbreaking compliance management software.
- Environmental Due Diligence: Before purchasing commercial real estate, environmental due diligence is absolutely key. This can help determine a site’s environmental history, which can make or break certain business prospects.
- Strategic Services: While we’re known as environmental experts, our business savvy is second to none. Is your growing business in need of a customized environmental management plan? Leave the strategy to our senior professionals, who combine both technical knowledge and real-world business expertise.
- Training Services: Comprehensive environmental management means educating your team, too. EWI is proud to offer comprehensive environmental, health, and safety training services for organizations of all sizes. Available onsite or online, our training services will ensure seamless communication as you bring on new hires, update current employees on new regulations, and more.
So, what is an environmental consultant? Just take a look at EWI’s expert team. We’re geologists, engineers, chemists, biologists, regulatory experts, and industrial technicians – all prepared to help your business stay open, compliant, and growing.
Are you in need of an environmental consultant? Give Environmental Works a call. We have in-house experts ready to help. We will walk you through the specifics of your organization’s planning and compliance needs. Our team can also work with you to develop an ongoing plan for your business to ensure ongoing environmental responsibility. When you’re ready, you can contact EWI online or call 877-827-9500 for more information.